[DeTomaso] Racy Seats

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 31 10:45:36 EDT 2008

Hi Scott,
  I've used stock seats and those older Scheel seats with the tall side bolsters.  They were popular a long time ago.
The stock seats gave me plenty of headroom (6' tall) and worked with all the belts, 4 & 5 point harnesses.  You should be
strapped in so tight you wouldn't move around anyway.  The Scheel seats make a submarine belt mount difficult as the
lower cushion is long.  If you're going to switch seats around anyway, I would probably go for one of the Kirkey seats
as suggested or someting like that.  You may still have to put them right on the floor.  With both seats I find myself
slouching a little more and then ratcheting myself down tight into the seat to get that extra bit of headroom.
Michael...thinking about a Gurney bubble.  Flat black of course.
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa Y'all
BBORR  April 2009

Mike, I need a 'racy seat' too for use in open road racing. I'm curious if you've locatedsomething that works for you? I'm 6' and my headroom is marginal when I'm wearing myhelmet even with removing the seat tracks and bolting the seat directly to the floor. I need aseat that accommodates 5 point harness. I plan to switch back and forth from stock seats torace seats along with switching from stock wheels/tires to dedicated open road wheels andtires. Thanks Scott