[DeTomaso] efi vs weber respondents

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 31 00:19:43 EDT 2008

Your logical assumption is mostly out to lunch - at least snacking too much, anyway.

Dual 950 Holley Commanders (throttle body injection) are not going to make more power than a single TBI unless the single is a flow restriction.

I doubt that a 950 is going to have a flow restriction.

I don't even think it would look cool.  The Holley TBI looks like an EFI smog contraption typical of the EFI's available in the early 80's.  Holleys look great. Carters look great.  The Holley TBI doesn't look bad, but it isn't a carburetor, and it isn't an elegant looking EFI.  It just looks like a wad of crap.  It may run great, though.

If I did the Holley injection, I'd make sure it was covered with a nice looking air filter.  Then, who cares what it looks like?

If I were going to do a single-4-barrel style fuel injection, I'd get an intake, and have it modified for 8 injectors.  In my opinion, that's the best low-cost way to do fuel injection.  The other two ways are to do the same to a tunnel ram, and to do the Weber-style EFI.

By the way, I had 2 Holleys on a 428 about 10 years ago (damn has it been that long).  It ran great, at least as good as a single 4-barrel.  The visual impact was impressive too.

Will.