[DeTomaso] Winter Driving in Norway/tires?

Torbjorn Harlem torbjorn.harlem at elverhoy.no
Thu Oct 30 03:12:22 EDT 2008

Studded tires is not required in Norway.
The environment guys is up to make the stud tires banned.
If that happens the roads will be even more slippery. Because the studs "tearing" up the ice surface and thereby get rid of the ice faster.
Stud less tires just "polish" the ice surface and make it even more slippery.
It's required by law to use winter tires (if an accident happens and you don't get w. tires you most likely will receive a ticket and the insurance company most likely wouldn't pay for any damages on your vehicle)

Why do we live here up north? (Don't ask)

At least we got " Polar Beer ( not bear) to enjoy in the dark nights.

Torbjorn ( inside the heated work shop , with a beer cold as ice)
Norway