[DeTomaso] Hp difference between efi and webers

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 29 23:44:15 EDT 2008

You know, I was going to say...

...when Mike Trusty tuned Kirby's car, he introduced a problem.  Wheelspin...

The look on Kirby's face was priceless as he explained his newfound traction problems.

I didn't mention M.T. because there aren't that many people that can tune the system that well.  There might be 2 or 3 in each major city.  If you're not well connected, you're probably not going to find an expert like Mike or Dick.

I also didn't mention it because I bet Mike could tune a carburetor/distributor engine and get a few more H.P. than your average tuner, so it's not exactly comparing apples to apples.

I bet if you took the average guy on this list (myself included), and had them tune your EFI/Electromotive system, they would struggle to beat a good Holley by more than 5%.  Most likely it would take a year just to get it running right (no popping, etc.)

The key is getting an expert to dial it in.

Will.