[DeTomaso] Winter Driving in Norway

wkooiman at earthlink.net wkooiman at earthlink.net
Wed Oct 29 23:22:31 EDT 2008

That, and we don't get the same frozen stuff in Texas.

It tends to be either ice or wet snow, both of which are much slicker than the snow you find in colder climates.

I watched a video of a bus in Dallas that slid down an overpass and slammed into a car.  It started out at about 1 mph.

We drive to Colorado every year to go skiing.  The snow in the mountains is a lot easier to drive on.

We also don't have the salt, cotton seed, or sand trucks that you find in colder climates.  I spent a lot of time in Chicago this winter.  The salt trucks ran all the time.  It would snow 6", but the parking lots would be clear.  That's only possible with lots of salt everywhere.

I don't mean to imply the drivers aren't at fault.  I've seen plenty of people slide off the road.  They just don't know what they're doing.  For that matter, I saw plenty of it on I-70 in Colorado earlier this year.

Will.