[DeTomaso] Winter Driving

Jim Hendrickson chendric at bellsouth.net
Wed Oct 29 12:15:06 EDT 2008

I am a reformed Iowanian now living near Atlanta, Georgia. I have found the
solution to snow in Atlanta. Wait until the snow is on the ground and
everyone has given up and gone home. I can go anywhere I want after there is
an inch(25mm) or two on the ground. The streets have few moving cars and the
stores are empty.

I have also noticed that I would rather see actual snow than freezing rain.
Snow is much easier to drive on than ice. Wet ice is even worse.

I remember baby daughter talking about her Father-In-law teaching winter
driving classes. Is that a one time class or do you do it every fall? Is
that only done in Ørsta or is that done all through Norway?