[DeTomaso] Winter Driving in Norway

cengles at cox.net cengles at cox.net
Wed Oct 29 10:28:45 EDT 2008

Dear Torbjorn,

You wrote:

>And Yuppie to day the first snow fall, with a total chaos on the main
>roads. Several 100 cars of the road.

Please help me understand this situation. We in the subtropical zone of Oklahoma and Texas think that all residents of Scandanavia are completely familiar with cold, white snow material and are completely competent to drive in it. We think that the reason one or two inches of snow paralyzes Dallas or Oklahoma City and sends hundreds of vehicles into ditchs, other cars and freeway retaining walls is that we do not know how to drive in the snow. It would seem that Norwegians also have a short memory and have to re-learn each winter, too?? I just don't see how that can be, but several hundred Norwegians off the road don't lie. Aren't you all supposed to be natural ice, snow and rally drivers??? ;-)

Warmest regards, Chuck Engles