[DeTomaso] Hp difference between efi and webers

P. Rimov rimov at charter.net
Wed Oct 29 00:28:33 EDT 2008

EFI will improve drivability, startability, fuel mileage and fuel mapping
across a much broader rpm range all things being equal. It will also cost
you a great deal more time and money to purchase and tune. Expect some
headaches and  frustrations associated with tuning in a EFI for your
specific engine. Once tuned in EFI is a real pleasure and once you
understand how to tune you EFI's computer it is kinda fun to program your
engine to your likings with variable settings. Going with an IR EFI or Multi
port set up will probably net you a little additional horsepower through out
the rpm range but not nearly as much as with other modifications like CHI
heads, storker kits, or even camshaft changes. There are a bunch of much
smarter people on the list that will give you much more detailed thoughts

Well like Forrest would say, "that's all I have to say about that"

Cheers

Paul