[DeTomaso] More light ?s

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 02:12:59 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/27/08 12 58 34, red3644 at hotmail.com writes:

> IIRC the original Gp4 cars had a small round
> marker light like the ones shown in other posts.  Fiat 124?  I've seen
> photos old car with both end, just fronts and none
> at all.  Is there a norm?  HAHAHAHA, sorry, I forgot where I was for a
> moment.  Is a red and orange light in the same style available?

Originally they only had a single round light (Fiat, as you said) on the
front fenders--none on the rear.   The front turn signals were also different and
unique from any other De Tomaso product.   I believe they were lifted directly
from an Alfa Romeo?   Or maybe Fiat.   I can't figure it out at the moment.
They bolted directly to the body, there were no front bumpers so they didn't
attach there, and the cars predated the L-models so there was no turn signal
housing to hold the stock turn signal.   I believe they had an angle in the
lens, a sort of V-shaped protrusion, and they were clear.   Slightly smaller than
the standard Pantera unit.