[DeTomaso] NPC: Losing caps on my battery

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Mon Oct 27 22:48:44 EDT 2008

Picked up a replacement cover from Napa, off a core.  Too long but the
plugs were the right size so I just hacked it into three pieces.

Got my voltmeter out and started her up.
16V at idle.... and climbing.  Hmmm.

I thought for sure I had a newer electronic voltage regulator on there,
but alas... I did NOT.
Picked up a new one from Napa on my way home (at the same time I got the
cap).
Put the new regulator on, started her up.
14.5V at idle and 14.5V up to 3 or 4,000 rpm.

I think we got it.  I mean really, it's the only thing that really made
any sense.  With that said, I also know what Jack said can be true, so
I'll be keeping an eye on it, though for the most part it's been working
fine.

Asa Jay

Asa Jay Laughton, MSgt, USAFR, Retired

& Shelley Marie