[DeTomaso] NPC:  Losing caps on my battery

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 21:41:52 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/27/08 10:34:38 AM, asajay at asajay.com writes:

> My ammeter does not appear to show any kind of overcharging, but we know
> how reliable a 30 year old ammeter can be.  The only thing that makes any sense
> is that the battery is overcharging, but I've not checked it yet.  I'd like
> to get another cap for it first.

Get someone to really check the battery. I lost a cap on one in a Ford, and
replaced it. It had been starting 'funny'.The next time we were to use that
car, I raised the hood and had Judy crank it while I watched the battery. And it
was quite a show- the whole side of the OEM battery blew out all over the
engine! Charging can generate hydrogen, and a shorted cell can ignite the gas....
I had both. Good luck, Asa- J Deryke