[DeTomaso] Book recommendation

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 13:22:26 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/26/08 6:19:49 PM, cengles at cox.net writes:

> I have a dumb question:  What books would you recommend for someone
> interested in plunging into the old car hobby?

Have him ease into it by getting a subscription to Hemmings 'Classic Cars'
magazine. After a years worth of articles on restoring old cars via the magazine
and its photos, he may change his mind until the stock market comes back!
This is not a cheap hobby unless you are totally competent in engine overhauls,
trans rebuilds, do-it-yourself upholstery & body work and are excellent at
ferreting out bargains at swap meets & on E-Bay.... FWIW-
J DeRyke (can't do bodywork & am not patient enough for upholstery)