[DeTomaso] 930 crashes

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 13:13:56 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/27/08 9:14:08 AM, michael at michaelshortt.com writes:

> The Karman Ghia didn't have the power to get you into trouble and the
> faster speed combined with the inertia on the curve explained it all....

Yup. Someone back in the day described it as riding on a hammer-handle with
the hammer-head far behind you. As long as the handle stays pointed correctly,
things work fine. But get the assembly a little outa line and Old Man Inertia
takes over! Once had a friend that did OK in Real Estate so he was looking for
a sporty car. I knew of a recently restored early 930 that I sent him to see.
One 5 mile ride in the thing as a passenger and he thanked the owner and
drove straight to a Chev dealer & bought a powerglide Corvette! Alternate-engine
placements are not for everyone.... My 2¢- J DeRyke