[DeTomaso] 930 crashes

dferrato at aol.com dferrato at aol.com
Mon Oct 27 11:50:11 EDT 2008

I do remember this stuff in '78. I believe many of the first 930s
were sold at Iverson in Newport Beach, and that particular dealership
saw a lot of rear end damage and the news quickly reached some of the
motor press located nearby . I have seen two of these happen-one 930
and one 911. And know two other guys personally who made the same
mistake.  The one I witnessed was a guy banzaiing a hairpin on a
service road. Chickened out, off the gas, unweighted the rear and
backed it in.  Just like on a motorcycle, "stay in the gas" can save
you in many situations. Dave Ferrato