[DeTomaso] Webers

Will Kooiman wkooiman at earthlink.net
Sun Oct 26 23:18:53 EDT 2008

The Webers will remove most of the lope.  It will idle at a lower RPM, and
it will run smoother.  It will sound more like a Ferrari, but if you really
want that sound you also want 180 deg headers.

The biggest challenge is getting the linkage so that all 8 open at the same
time.  Once the linkage is right, tuning is a matter of using an O2 sensor,
reading about Webers, and buying 8 sets of everything every time you make a
change.

Even without solid lifters, it will rev to 8 or 9K.  Once.