[DeTomaso] Webers

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Oct 26 20:59:27 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/26/08 12:27:27 PM, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> I was told that if I installed roller rockers, solid lifters and pushrods I
> could get my engine to redline in the 8 to 9 K range.

Not for long. Whoever told you that is living a dream or has some parts they
want to sell you. That much rpm in a stock block- Ford OR Chevy- will usually
destroy it within minutes. Stock cast pistons will crack, stock rods or rod
bolts will break, stock two-piece valves will separate and you'll be looking for
a new engine. Before trying even on a dyno, you need to open up the engine
and see what rods, pistons and valves are in there. Stock stuff is good to about
5500, the best aftermarket is good to MAYBE 6800. Roller rockers are good for
lowering oil temps from less friction, and to lengthen the life of the valve
guides. Aluminum roller rockers also break if over-revved. Good luck- J Deryke