[DeTomaso] Pantera won't start

Christopher Kimball chrisvkimball at msn.com
Sat Oct 25 19:10:12 EDT 2008

I had the same problem once, and the guys on the forum helped me figure out what it was, in my case.

Even though I had just replaced the solenoid, the second one I had didn't work.  I found that if I made the connection the solenoid was supposed to by using a jumper cable (just momentarily), the engine would turn over.  I replaced the solenoid again and it worked fine.  I can't remember which terminals I used on the solenoid for this test, you'll have to wait until someone from the forum can tell you, unless you already know (sorry about that!)

Another problem I had was the solenoid wasn't grounded to the frame sufficiently.  I ran a ground wire from the frame of the solenoid to a good ground and I've had no trouble since.

Sincerely,

Chris