[DeTomaso] Wrecked Ford GTs ( Re: Ford 4.6 modular power in a Pantera)

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Fri Oct 24 15:26:53 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/24/08 12:19:54 PM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I've heard on several occasions that a very large percentage of Porsche
> 930's had experienced severe damage to the rear of the cars from getting
> backwards in a curve.

The usual cause is, boost comes in late (due to lag) and stays longer than
you need (turbines don't instantly slow just 'cause you back out of the
throttle). if you're used to driving a normally aspirated car, the extra power late in
a curve will put you backward into a guard rail very easily. One of my
friends that restores Porsches says that one of the hardest things to find is an
original 930 with a perfect rear bumper.... FWIW- J DEryke