[DeTomaso] the great debate

michael frazier red3644 at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 22 14:25:44 EDT 2008

  ZR1s were neat cars and are now a real bargain.  They couldn't justify continuing building it after the stock Vette
had the same or better performance.  C4s have incredible handling capabilities.  C5s are more refined.  A friend has a
a beautiful Lingenfelter ZR1...and a good Z06 can take it.  The C6 is a mildly updated C5.  Not the total configuration
change like that for the other series.  I don't see the Vette owner crowd differing much from the Porsche or F-car
groups except for the old gold chain stereotype...even though I see that in any group. The cars may sell as a lifestyle
symbol, but if you want world class speed and performance it's there for you.  Panteras weren't owned by kids then
or now either.  How many Panteras are bought for the performance?  I'd say, ummmm, none.
  Anyway, you can get clean ZR1s for under 20k if you look around.  Sure to go up.
Michael
Gruppo Rompiculi Corsa y'all