[DeTomaso] NPC / GM Chrysler buyout

Robert Simpson R.Simpson35 at Verizon.net
Tue Oct 21 23:39:03 EDT 2008

One of the members of the Camaro club I belong to works for GM and posted
what was on the table to Chrysler, amazing <shakes head in disbelief>. The
following is a copy of a msg he left on our board:

The GM - Chrysler thing

Had a meeting today, and it detailed things about the purchase. I can't go
into too much detail, but here are the highlights, if an agreement is made.
$11 billion is the reason why.

These are tentative thoughts, and do not reflect what will happen in the
end.
1. Axe all Chrysler & Dodge vehicles except for the minivan & Jeep lineup.
2. Axe all Chrysler employees via buyout or terminations.
3. Use GM powertrains in Chrysler/Jeep vehicles
4. Axe Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep dealerships

Some of you may scream murder at the thought of killing off the Charger &
Challenger, but they are not money makers, and the elimination of them will
be less competition for the Camaro. Some of you won't like the elimination
of the Ram truck... but really.. the advertised Hemi is not a real Hemi
anyway. plus, GM does not need 3 truck lines with 2 different styles. Co$t
Co$t Co$t

Some Chrysler development people will be retained for design.