[DeTomaso] c6 vs pantera

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Tue Oct 21 02:33:37 EDT 2008

Just about what I was thinking, the Pantera suspension geometry could
do its job in a situation like this. An interesting point is that the Vette
take " back steps out" over bumps. I was asking a few people for C6
geometry which would be interesting to analyse, just for things like
cornering bump stepouts. From my experience the Pantera will only
pruduce this effect if the wheels are to heavy or the coilover set up is
wrong.
A production car should give the buyer a portion of comfort, which in
the Viper case seems to be solved by giving the car a pretty sof springrate
in heave. Not to botom the suspension out during sporty driving the car
is equiped with different portion of geometric "anti:s" and heavy swaybars.
The negative side of this is that it locks up a portion of the suspension
movement under horizontal loads, which might very well produce
the mentioned sort of effects.
Goran