[DeTomaso] Road America Video

Paul - Home thedrol at pobox.com
Mon Oct 20 16:32:13 EDT 2008

I have seen Dennis run at vintage events at Road America in the past.
He was in an unlimited class which included anything with fenders that
came out after 1973.  The Cadillac got classified there due to not
fitting into the big bore GT class.  I don't remember why anymore,
though probably due to modifications like a recent EFI engine as opposed
to what was in the car in those years.

I wouldn't necessarily just assume that the F-car is faster in the
corners.  I know that at least one year Dennis was having trouble
getting his brakes up to temperature.  If you watch the video, it isn't
so much the cornering speed of the Pantera but the early braking points.

Paul