[DeTomaso] Thermo Switch For Radiator Fans

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Mon Oct 20 16:24:49 EDT 2008

JDeRyke at aol.com skrev:
> FWIW, Mike, penny-savers that bought a Fluidyne stripped and then dug around
> for thermoswitches have found that water cooled VW switches are the correct
> thread for Fluidyne bosses. Dunno what temps they activate at, though- might be
> some choices. And keep in mind that auto-activated switches aren't always
> perfect outa the box and do 'wear out' in time. You might try a new set of either
> type. If you do, let me know how things worked out & I'll gin' up a tech
> article on it. Cheers- J Deryke

I think almost all manufacturers use the same thread thermoswitches now,
M22x1.5.

There are also dual switches available. I used one in my car, which
turned on at 95°C and 105°C (IIRC). I believe it was for an Audi, with
three speed fan.

I later found one 82°C switch, which was for some Peugeot IIRC.

I'm currently controlling two of the three speeds of my monster Audi fan
from the EFI, which makes it completely programmable.

Cheers,
Thomas