[DeTomaso] DREAMCARS

Sean Korb spkorb at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 13:22:18 EDT 2008

I just don't know anymore.  I'm a total car slut.  Any car that's mildly
interesting and looks like it needs just a little fixing up is my dream
car... from Festivas and Metros to Cadillacs and Corvettes.  The limits are
just my garage space and budget.  The things I want to do to cars are
unusual as well.  I dream of putting a supercharged Buick V6 in the back of
and old Austin Mini, putting a Supra suspension into an early Mustang
(check), a Chevy Sprint Turbo engine in a Lotus 7 replica, an electric
forklift motor in a Nash Metropolitain... it just goes on and on in an
endless vortex of imagination.

I have a few dream cars, especially my Pantera, and the '68 Fastback and
Cougar that are on the front burner again and the Ausin A35 and Nash are
waiting patiently as is the Suprang.  But what if my resources were limited
and I had to start fresh?

Sentimentality takes over then.  My three top cars are my current Pantera,
and then I'd really like my '69 Mustang GT back so I could weld its cracked
frame back together or replace the chassis with BMW 3 series parts a-la
Suprang.  My first car was a rusted out '69 850 Fiat Spider, so I'd like one
of those without the rust and a more modern turbo motor.  It's a blast to
steer with the back end of the car :)  If I get to have more cars than those
three, focus just decays rapidly and I can't make rational choices (not that
the original three were rational to begin with).

sean

--
'65, '68 Mustangs, '68 Cougar, '78 R100/7, '59 Austin A35, '71 Pantera #1382