[DeTomaso] the great debate

michael at michaelshortt.com michael at michaelshortt.com
Mon Oct 20 12:11:55 EDT 2008

Dick,

Please be my guest in Savannah, Daytona, Charlotte, Myrtle Beach, Pigeon
Forge ( where they had nearly 6,000 Corvettes last week ) and help me track
25 down Corvette owners under 30!  Pack a lunch!

I never said that the C-6 wasn't a great car, it is, If I had room, I'd have
one, but then again to prove my point, my first car was a 1960 Corvette, my
first ride in a "fast steet car" was my Uncle's 427 Convertible Corvette
when I was 6 years old and I was a corner worker at Raod Atlanta and other
tracks during the late 70's /80's when a Corvette was the King of GT-1 and
I'm 49 years old. ( no gold chains, no silver jacket).

20 somethings today aspire to Sub WRX Sti's, Hondas, Boxsters, Caymans, and
such.
to "evolve" a marketing plan is one thing, to dream that kids at that age
will plop down 60-80K car for a car en masse is ridiculous.

Michael in Savannah

--
Michael L. Shortt
Savannah, Georgia