[DeTomaso] C6 vs Pantera?

LS lashdeep at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 19 20:15:40 EDT 2008

This has got to be the funniest comparison I've seen in a while. A C6 Vette vs a Pantera?

I cannot think of two more distant cars with regards to philosophy, engineering, or end result. Maybe Pantera vs NSX or something.

I think everyone has weighed in with the "Appliance vs. Artwork" debate. The Pantera is a magical, classic masterpiece. The Vette is a modern appliance...a damn good one.

The C6 Vette suspension is pretty impressive. The transverse leaf is genius in a street car. An 8lb leaf doing the job of two much heavier coils with most of its weight low and towards the center of the car. Perfect.

The LS V8 in the Vette has changed powertrain technology permanently. One of the most significant engines in the performance world ever.

The Vette has all of this "on paper" candy and it has won Le Mans how many times in the last 10 yrs?

It's a serious piece of hardware. But, I still don't think I'd own one.

The Pantera on the otherhand...

BTW-Weren't the Pantera and Countach designed by Dallara? That would explain the similarities.

LS