[DeTomaso] C6 vs Pantera?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Oct 19 13:50:13 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/19/08 9:02:59 AM, hemipanter at hemipanter.se writes:

> All in order to create a NEUTRAL car, that will be easier to adjust for the
> upcomming racing situation.
> The point to winning is for the driveer to learn what it takes and the crew
> to learn how to adjust the car,

Good idea. A perfectly designed but unadjustable car will not be as fast as
one that can be changed. I'm reminded of my friend now racing a Can-Am Lola in
amateur competition. The vastly overpowered racer was designed to be 'neutral'
but he adjusted the chassis for a bit of understeer: "At the speeds this
thing is running, I want to know the front will always break away before the
rear...." which seem sensible since its far easier to catch a front slide than a
rear one.   Another driver (Dan Gurney, perhaps) with a different style might
reverse this setting and go even faster. Its all about driver confidence within
the capabilities of the whole car/driver/tires package. FWIW- J Deryke