[DeTomaso] No electrical power.

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Oct 18 20:20:56 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/18/08 4:27:34 PM, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> I saw a starter interlock on a large schematic of a 1974 pantera and an
> emergency starter interlock override

If you have one, its a small yellow box mounted inside the front trunk, with
a rubber covered black button. As I understand this thing, when you try to
start a '71-73 Pantera, if you don't catch it on the first turn of the key, you
have to turn the key all the way back to "off' to start the car. Just going
from 'on' to 'start' a second time doesn't work. With the '74s, someone can (if
they're standing outside next to the open front trunk) instead push the button
and the key will then allow the car to start without twisting it all the way
back to 'off', then to 'start' again. Needless complication that many '74
owners discard. Good luck- J Deryke