[DeTomaso]   Oil Leak

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Oct 18 19:40:26 EDT 2008

Good you found the 'leak'! My '71 351-Windsor oil pressure adapter is one
piece. It appears to be a 4" long piece of 1" aluminum hex barstock cut for pipe
threads on the block side and painted Ford blue, with the sender screwed into
the other end where its easy to access. I wonder if yours was some sort of
'custom' setup? These should still be plentiful in wrecking yards or maybe new
from Ford.
I woundn't run Tygon tubing under full oil pressure especially with a
swage-lock fitting; the hot oil may soften the plastic enough to let it blow thru the
ferrule, again making a mess. If it survives a few months, the Tygon will
harden up from the action of the oil and then it'll be OK. Good luck- J DeRyke