[DeTomaso] Electrical problem

boyd casey boyd411 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 18:58:52 EDT 2008

Is there a main fuse in the wiring on a 1973 L? The previous ownerof my
caris dead and I can'tget any history. The car has a 45degree radiator with
two sucker fans. The fans were wired staright to the battery , no relays ,
nu thermostat, and no switcth. I noticed the fans were blowing out not
sucking in so I reversed the polarity. The car was not running at the time
and the ignition switch was in the off position. When I tried to start the
car I had no power any where ( except the Fans) no lights , no starter no
windows nothing! I disconnected the  fans from the battery and still
nothing. Is there a fused bus on the ground side of the battery? or any
where else? I can't find any reference to a singel fuse that would knock
out everything. Help!!!!! My car is stuck in the street in front of my house
with the window open.

Boyd 1973 L