[DeTomaso] Kelly Cofield Re: Fuel injection manifold machining/casting

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 18:31:43 EDT 2008

Paul,

It was Kelly Cofield who designed and cast my IR-EFI intake #001...You can see photos of the intake on my web site.

<www.teampanteraracing.com>

I don't have Kelly's contact number handy but Kirby (#002) and others who  followed do.

Dawg

rimov at charter.net wrote: Morning:

Looking into fuel injecting the Cleveland when I reunite it with the car.
Since all the aftermarket EFI use speed density or alpha-n tuning the biggest hurdle and technically speaking the only real hurtle if setting up an economically priced multi port EFI on a Cleveland is the manifold.

I have talked with Holley technicians and F.A.S.T technicians and both recommend using a single plane manifold like the Weiand or Funnel Web as they are the easiest to modify for multi port applications and the easiest to tune for maxium performance and low end drivable with the ECU. Bung and rail orientation is pretty important for a MPI-EFI.

I so my question is does any know where I can have a manifold properly prepared using a Bridgeport X/Y axis milling machine to properly modify a X manifold for a multi port application?  Or is there someone selling a ready made manifold?

I know there was someone on the list that cast several IR EFi manifolds up a while ago. And it may be the same guy( sorry I forgot the name) that made DAWGS manifold.  I wonder if there would be enough of a market to do the same thing for a Multi port EFI with 4150 throttle body for a more economical approach to a EFI Cleveland than a IR set up.

Paul