[DeTomaso] Whatever happened to Dave Tucker?

David Tucker david.tucker at chesapeakepanteras.com
Sat Oct 18 14:10:38 EDT 2008

Sorry Mike,

I couldn't afford to go to Vegas this year but I haven't stopped driving. We
just got back last night from a lighthouse and mountain tour of the
northeast. We picked up the 6 remaining states on the eastern side of the
country that the car hasn't been driven in by me. Vermont, New Hampshire,
Maine, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, and Connecticut. 1756.5 miles in 4 days.
We saw 5 lighthouses along the Hudson River. I believe we were spotted by
Bob R. in Poughkeepsie, NY on Monday on our way to Esopus Meadows
Lighthouse. Tuesday we traveled through Vermont, saw 1 lighthouse in NH on a
lake then visited my childhood vacation place Lake Winnepesaukee and stopped
in the Mount Washington area for the night. Wednesday morning we rode the
Cog Railway http://www.thecog.com/ to the top of Mt Washington. It was a
spectacular day. Then we drove to Rockland, ME. Thursday morning we drove
down to the Rockland Breakwater Lighthouse and walked .8 miles out to the
end to see and touch the light.
http://www.lighthouse.cc/rocklandbreakwater/photo7.html Then the rain began.
It rained, not hard but yucky, off and on all day. Still we enjoyed the
whole day and saw 8 lighthouses in Maine. Before we stopped for the night in
Fairhaven, MA I washed the car at the car wash. It was a mess. But now it
was presentable again. Friday the weather was beautiful again and we saw 5
lighthouses in MA before heading home to see the cats, Lilly and DeTomaso
(Tomas) and beginning the process of watching about 20 hrs of recorded TV.

In the 2 wks prior to this trip I drove the car to work all but 1 day. To
prepare the car for the trip I oiled the squeaky bushings and added a quart
of oil. There was not a whimper from the car the entire trip, including the
dirt roads we would have to travel to get to the lighthouses. I have now put
over 90,000 miles on her since September, 2001. The Pantera with comfortable
Fiero seats has been in 45 states now. On the next Vegas (or Reno) trip we
plan to get Oregon, Washington, and North Dakota to complete the 48
continental states. I doubt that even I will ever drive it to Hawaii. Oh
well.

I hope this answers your question Mike. Keep up the good work. We'll be
seeing you again.

Dave & Kathy