[DeTomaso] Crankshaft Repair

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sat Oct 18 13:30:49 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/18/08 7:30:20 AM, dfcex at pacbell.net writes:

> The crank is a Lunati Pro Series. Given the $2,200.00 replacement cost, I'm
> trying to find a top-notch shop that can weld the journal and straighten the
> crank....

Any good engine shop that does race prep will know where to take the crank.
In any metro area, theres always one or maybe two places that do all the cranks
in the region. Your damage is routine and is easily repaired. Ask around at
the shops; most will not have web sites, being more concerned with earning a
living. You could start with Bobby Byars at PreProformance or Randy Gillis at JR
Pistons. They won't do the actual work but they'll know where to take it.
Good luck- J Deryke