[DeTomaso] How high or low?

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 18 10:23:38 EDT 2008

RIDE HEIGHT:

I think several have said that removing the spacers under the springs puts the car back to the design ride height.  If you replace your shocks, most of the replacements are adjustable, so you just need to make sure the range of adjustment fits your goals.  Two or three years ago, someone had a problem where the recommended shock did not adjust short (low) enough with the springs they wanted to run.  (i.e., a heavier spring of the same length = a higher ride height)

Does anyone know the shock length when the lower A arms are horizontal?

WIRING:

At least one guy on the list used a Painless Harness.  I bought the one he bought, but expect at least some pain, LOL  (get a good pair of ratching crimpers)

Ken