[DeTomaso] Tonight's debate: Vette vs. Pantera..

Mad Dog Antenucci teampantera at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 17 15:38:38 EDT 2008

Right on Mikey!

MikeLDrew at aol.com wrote:
In a message dated 10/16/08 11 55 45, Dickruzzindesign at aol.com writes:

> It would be nice if someone would tell me how to identify "soul" in an
> object.
>
> What qualities are present in something that has "soul"?

That's rather like asking what constitutes obscenity. The answer is, "I
know it when I see it".

Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart used that highly appropriate phrase in
his concurring opinion in Jacobellis v. Ohio 378 U.S. 184 (1964). He wrote:

"I shall not today attempt further to define the kinds of material I
understand to be embraced within that shorthand description; and perhaps I could never
succeed in intelligibly doing so. But I know it when I see it, and the motion
picture involved in this case is not that."

Ergo, C-5 and C-6 Corvette....

Mike (loves the '63-67 Stingray--now there is a car with some visible and
aural soul!)

New MapQuest Local shows what's happening at your
destination. Dining, Movies, Events, News & more. Try it out