[DeTomaso] Lucas wiring

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Oct 17 12:27:04 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/17/08 9 20 47, msm at portata.com writes:

> How about the windshield wiper fluid pump with the word LUCAS on it in
> big letters?  Where in Italy is that made?

I said WIRING.   See subject line, up there. :>)

There's a few Lucas switches and whatnot scattered around (and you're right,
I forgot about the windshield wiper pump, because I don't have mine mounted in
my car yet).   But the wires, the actual colored things that carry power from
place to place (or, in some cases, don't) are not Lucas.   Many people
perpetuate the myth that the British are responsibile for the car's electrical
issues, but in fact it's the Italians all the way.   The few Lucas components in
the car tend to work perfectly, at least electrically.   Yes, the turn signal
switch cam wears out, and due to the stupid way the Italians wired it up, the
headlight switch fries.   The windshield washer pump normally works great (of
course, how often do people really use it anyway?)