[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 51, Issue 14- Group 4 in Autoweek

Patrick Hals patrickhals at skynet.be
Fri Oct 17 10:27:35 EDT 2008

No, it is not the ex Hugh Kleinpeter's car ( the RHD car that burned and that was advertized on EBay for 35.000 USD a couple of months ago)
No, this car advertized in Autoweek is the very famous VIN 2824 genuine factory GT4 car ( one of the 14 original Group 4 lightweight cars )
This car was raced at Le Mans 24 hours in 1972 and was representing the French DT importer "Franco Brittanic" , driven by Vinatier and Chasseuil. If my memory is correct, the engine or the head gasket broke after a couple of hours, and the car DNF. Only the VIN 2860 from our friend Claude Dubois, finished the race in 16th ( ? ) position overall. 2860 is now the property of Guy Trigaux in the USA, and engine will be redone this winter.
2824 is for sale by owner Dick Lasselle. It is the only real GR4 for sale in the USA at present. I have never seen the car myself, but it looks in very clean condition throughout. The car is very quick too.
Quite strangely, there are three real factory GR4 for sale at the same time, out of the 13 original remaining cars : two in Europe ( my Andy Warhol 2342 very genuine car + the ex Warren Tope 2344 , now restored from rough condition ) and one 2824 in the USA . It has certainly been a better investment than putting money at the NYSE
Good w e
Patrick
2342 -2862 -9628 - 3679