[DeTomaso] Oil Leak

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 21:47:28 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/16/08 8 19 47, trevor at fougere.com writes:

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Trevor,

On my 289 (which has the same architecture as your motor), my fuel pressure
sender threaded directly into the block, where your hokey adapter chingus is.
I wanted to have two oil pressure senders (one for the electric gauge on the
dash, the other for an electrical gauge), so I got a standard Ford oil
pressure sending unit extension.   I then drilled and tapped a second hole so it has
a sender in one of them, and a braided steel line going to the mechanical
gauge in the other.

This is a simple piece whittled out of steel.   It threads into the block and
gives you a handy place to install the sender.   Very simple, hex-shaped so a
wrench fits on it so you can get it good and tight.   Simple solution to your
problem.

Did I mention it is simple? :>)

http://www.mustangsplus.com/xcart/product.php?productid=2650&cat=0&page=2