[DeTomaso] Tonight's debate: Vette vs. Pantera..

Ken Green kenn_green at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 16 16:53:29 EDT 2008

I think that a material object can only have a soul in relation to the humans who interact with it.

If you just sit in it and drive, there isn't much depth to the experience and virtually zero soul.

If you take really good care of it, some one the soul rubs off.

If you improve it to make it "your" car, even more soul rubs off.

If you share it with the kid down the street and let him share some of your dreams, real soul starts to develop.

If you drive it across the finish line with flames pouring out the back, now that's what I'd call real soul.

So anyway, it's obvious that a Corvette can have soul, but I suspect the average Pantera carries mondo soul down the street.

Ken