[DeTomaso] Tonight's debate: Vette vs. Pantera..

asajay at asajay.com asajay at asajay.com
Thu Oct 16 15:52:38 EDT 2008

yea....

Like driving my Mach I to work today (with the ZX2 down for repairs)
Crank, crank, crank, crank, crank,
pump, pump, pump,
crank, crank, crank
pump, pump, pump,
crank, crank, crank
pump, pump, pump, pump, pump, pump, pump, pump, pump, pump, pump,
pump, pump, pump, pump,
VAROOOOM!!

Let it sit until the rpm went up and blipped it off fast idle,
stumble, stumble, stumble,
feather throttle, feather throttle,
stumble, bump, bump
feather throttle, feather throttle,
stumble, stumble, foooosh
dohhhhhhhhhh.

Crank, crank, crank, crank, crank,
pump, pump, pump,

Well you get the idea.

But once it was warmed up, and filled up at the gas station, she ran
pretty well.  I think mainly I need to adjust timing and jet sizes.

Oh yea, it's got soul, I'm just not sure it's the same soul it had 20
years ago.

:)
Asa Jay
< versus 1967 AMC Kaiser 327 in my 1982 Jeep, key ON, wait, start.
Holley ProJection to the rescue >