[DeTomaso] Advice from the Ironbutts

David & Marilyn Bell davidabell at worldnet.att.net
Thu Oct 16 14:02:43 EDT 2008

There are a couple of articles on early and late C-4 Corvette seats (with
photos) here: http://www.spacecitypanteras.com/technical.html.

Since I wrote Curing the Bends 4 or 5 years ago, I've removed the Corvette
tracks completely as I couldn't get enough clearance while wearing a helmet
(with no helmet clearance was OK though).  Eventually I refurbished my old
Pantera seat tracks (new brass rollers and springs) and bolting the Corvette
seats to them instead.  Using the Pantera seat tracks gave me a couple of
inches of additional head room, and really a more comfortable driving
position as well.

The C-4 seats are really comfortable for longish drives and also fairly
supportive at the track.

I highly recommend them.

Muscat Dave