[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 51, Issue 14- Group 4 in Autoweek

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Oct 16 00:18:41 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/15/08 10 51 50, RCBSONS1 at aol.com writes:

> Just noticed a Group 4 Pantera for
> sale in autoweek... states it was vintage
> raced in the states and has two vins....
> Is this the famous questionable car I have
> been reading about... I did not know it was
> vintage raced in the states... anyone know???

Yes, that's Dick LaSalle's car.   It's a genuine Gr4 Pantera and he's been
vintage racing it on the east coast for some years.   The factory swapped VIN
numbers among three different Gr4 cars back in the day, which was only
discovered a few years ago.   I think Dick's car is 2344/2342?   Can't remember
offhand....

Anyway, it's a beautiful car, and the Real Deal.