[DeTomaso] #6143 is on the road!!

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 11:44:50 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/14/08 10:53:17 PM, davel at emspace.com writes:

> That should help getting it to run in, but I think the tank capacity is
> screwed. It's supposed to be nice tomorrow, so I'll burn off a tank and retry it

As Bill said, the tank holds (or used to hold) 21+ gallons. The only modifier
to tank capacity comes from lots of garbage inside, or from the standpipe (on
early tanks with a welded pickup & a banjo bolt) being perforated by rust so
your fuel pump sucks air when the level drops to the rust hole. The only fix
known is to change tanks, or add a second pickup either with a late fuel tank
sender or from a fabricated one running thru the gas station fuel-fill pipe.
Both methods work. Good luck- J Deryke