[DeTomaso] NPC Mustang Parts Vendors

Doug Braun doug at silicondesigns.com
Wed Oct 15 11:34:26 EDT 2008

Michael,

	I have a 1970 MACH1 351C-4V FMX Yellow with black interior that I bought in
1973.  I've been SLOWLY restoring it over the past 20 years (my Pantera has
been my priority).  I've found the two best vendors are National Parts Depot
www.npdlink.com and Virginia Classic Mustang www.vamustang.com/catalog/shop.
I recommend you download and install National's interactive catalog and
download Virginia's pdf catalog.  It's much easier to find parts using the
search function in these electronic catalogs than it is to find them in
printed catalogs.

	If you need to buy fasteners, try to stay with the AMK brand which (for the
most part) National and Virginia sell, but not always so you need to ask at
time of purchase.  AMK products are universally accepted as concours
quality.  AMK info can be found at www.amkproducts.com but their pdf catalog
is broken up into pages that you have to download separately and combine
into a single pdf which is a PITA.  I've done this so email me offline and
I'll forward the compiled version to you.

	If you come across parts that are difficult to find, let me know because I
may have some leads you might not think of.  If you have any restoration
questions, I'd be happy to try to answer them for you.

Doug Braun
blue 73L #5505