[DeTomaso] CORVETTE STYLING chaparalls/FWIW/Dick Ruzzin

Dickruzzindesign at aol.com Dickruzzindesign at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 08:48:36 EDT 2008

I have a C-6 and use it every day. When the car first came out many Corvette
fans naturally had preconceived ideas of what it should be and did not agree
with the look. I have not seen or heard any complaints since. The car works so
well it is hard to fault.
The packaging is very skillfully executed. Plenty of interior space, great
luggage capacity, high fuel economy for the 400 hp.

Aerodynamic drag is outstanding with a CD of .285, this with a fairly large
radiator. Wind noise is non existent and the low drag contributes to the high
top speed and low fuel economy. The radiator position and packaging is a
cooling textbook case.

I think it looks great, the proportions are excellent and the car works very
well as a daily driver.
I also had a C-5, this car is five inches shorter and   that makes a big
difference.

The other day I had it on my lift and it is amazing how far automotive
development and manufacturing has come in the last thirty years. The parts are so
simple in shape, the half shafts are only about 35 millimeters thick.

It is a great car that gives a lot of enjoyment very easily, I would not
hesitate to buy another.

All the best,

Dick Ruzzin________________________dickruzzinDESIGN at aol.com
920 Whittier Rd.