[DeTomaso] #6143 is on the road!!

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Oct 15 01:22:50 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/14/08 4:48:17 PM, dave at emspace.com writes:

> A fill, from the point at which the low-fuel switch was just sitting
> closed, was about 12 US gal and I could barely keep the pump running (auto
> kick-off). Are those normal?

Sorry, I misunderstood. The L model Pantera fill tube has a sharp corner
where the outside fill joins the tank, and quite often the turbulence and
splash-back will activate the auto shutoff on the service station pump. I either hold
the handle upside-down, or skin the vapor recovery bellows back while gassing.
Both work on some stations, one will work better on others. At one station,
nothing worked so I complained and left for his competition across the street-
and made sure he saw me. All depends on the pressure they pump at, the
sensitivity built into the nozzle and maybe the phase of the moon. FWIW, the same
thing happens on many motorcycles. Sorry- J Deryke