[DeTomaso] Jack Deryke in Car and Driver

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Mon Oct 13 16:41:21 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/13/08 12:49:23 PM, artstephens at charter.net writes:

> Our esteemed newsletter editor's name showed up in print,  regarding the
> definition of a splitter.  Jack did I get that all right?

Sharp eyes. I asked Mike Spence at C & D since some street Panteras run (or
should run) a splitter in ORRs and even some fast open track events, and its a
POA to remove it to drive home. I wanted clarification on the 'street-illegal'
part. The explanation is complex and takes 1-1/2 pgs of the Nov newsletter,
but the bottom line is, Panteras can run a legally a reasonably sized splitter
like Larry Stock's and Bob Bensons, but the Viper cannot. Cheers- J Deryke