[DeTomaso] Dyno Videos

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Oct 12 00:07:28 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/11/08 20 55 8, johnson-61 at hotmail.com writes:

> Do you have power details on each car?

The dyno numbers are highly suspect, as they weren't repeatable from one run
to the next.   For example, my car's first run netted 259 rear wheel
horsepower (I don't have much of a motor), and 298 ft/lbs.   My second run netted 261
horsepower and 257 ft/lbs--how did I drop 42 ft/lbs of torque in two minutes
and yet have the same horsepower?

The guys running the dyno were very nice, but when pressed for answers it
quickly became apparent that they didn't know how to run it, didn't know how to
analyze or interpret the data, and the dyno itself was extremely crude compared
to a Dynojet.   So basically it was a fun day, and an opportunity to zing the
motors to redline and make some noise.   It was very apparent that the people
who had spent big money and built big motors put out bigger power, but I
wouldn't feel confident quoting any specific numbers.