[DeTomaso] New Wheel Shopping

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Oct 10 22:35:19 EDT 2008

In a message dated 10/10/08 9 43 41, adin at frontier.net writes:

> Maybe Mike D is spoiled by the norcal pavement that most other places
> don't enjoy?

Our freeway pavement hardly qualifies as such.   I have broken a windshield
(!) hitting a sharp lip between different types of pavement on our freeways.

Our state has more liberal regulations with respect to trucks (the trucking
lobby is extremely powerful), and most trucks are doing point-to-point
deliveries (as opposed to agricultural states, where the single industry sees loaded
trucks just going to a railhead).   Plus, we have a lot of pinkos in our state
government who like to raid the state highway fund to fund their own pet
social engineering projects, resulting in a chronic shortfall of money.

The result is highways that look like they should be in Beirut or Baghdad.
(As a matter of fact, Iraqi roads are generally much better than ours, IED
craters notwithstanding!)

After years of pleading for relief, the freeway near my house has finally
been paved--but they did such a cheap, terrible job that it is just like a
washboard; no attempt was made to smooth it out.

Residents of other states have no idea how fortunate they are in this
regard....