[DeTomaso] Oil Cooler

Göran Malmberg hemipanter at hemipanter.se
Fri Oct 10 18:27:37 EDT 2008

Can't tell anything about their installations as I haven't seen it, but I would be

surprised if there was no way to cool the oil with an oil cooler. Do we have any

specifications for the equipment used and how it was mounted? The fact that

it didn't work might not mean it can't be done, but I don't find it worthwhile to

sort out myself as I don't have any use for more oil cooling than what I have.

I really don't like unnecessary equipment on the car.

If I was to do anything to my car these days it would be to rebuild the entire

frame rear end, and in such case the entire bottom would be blocked by a

diffuser. Then I have a totally different aero situation which would be more fun

to solve. My present experience is from our tracks in Sweden, which certainly

is not WOT for 2 hours. But I did get the oil temperature down using an  oil

cooler under our conditions.

Goran

  My dear friend Goran,

  These fan equiped air to oil coolers just do not get the job done at high
  RPMS at WOT....
  Both Greg Sullivan and Mike Anderson tried dedicated fans and ducted
  air at open road races and they did NOT made 5 degrees of difference.

  dawg